Sunday, March 8, 2015

February

Though it is the shortest month of the year this February has been jam packed! This month we took the LONG LONG (14+ hours) drive to Illinois for Jude's 1st Birthday Party! 

We had a great time seeing everyone and really loved celebrating Jude's 1st year of life! Jude was so lucky and thankful for everything he was given and for all the love and squishes from all in attendance. 


Since being home we have been working on getting over any and all sicknesses that we acquired from the weather, friends, and just traveling in general. Photos to follow!!


Now for the end of the month check-in:


1. Stop Eating Fast-food - This month was slightly easier, with the exception of the drive to/from IL. We did stop at a McDonald's for breakfast, but we were both very good and only had oatmeal & coffee! Brian even said today he feels like pushing it to 6 months!


2. Reading One Book a Month - I didn't quite make it this time, but I was able to finish it in the first few days of March. This month I read The Nanny Diaries 


3. Get Jude Socialized More - Not so much thus far. We did get to have the opportunity for Jude to play with some of his cousins, but I am still at a loss for what to get him involved in. Still need to get to the children's museum.


4. Quality Time with Brian - This month our date night was while we were in Illinois. My mom was able to watch Jude and Brian and I snuck off to Cheesecake Factory and Trader Joe's. We were also able to have a nice candlelight dinner the three of us for Valentine's Day!!


In the next month (this month technically) I plan on focusing on how to fix up my life. I need to be able to take some time to do the things I enjoy to do and really develop myself as a person!


PHOTO BOMB!! 



 From Jude's 1st Birthday Photo Shoot! So HANDSOME! 
 Cake Face
 Starbucks Lover
 A Year in Review
 Opening Presents at home before heading to IL 
 Actual 1st Birthday! Clothes from Uncle Dan & a Rib! 
 Cake Table at Jude's Birthday Party
Jude's Smash Cake at his Party
Jude Celebrating at Our Neighbor's for his Birthday! 

2 comments:

  1. Check out local churches for a mops group ot mom groups of some kind. Could be greedy for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did find a MOPS group at a local church, but they have the kids in a separate daycare setting and I was hoping more for something for both of us together. Also, you know me and church things... not my cup of tea! ;)

    ReplyDelete