Thursday, March 21, 2013

Stressful

As many of you may know... earlier this week was my birthday!! I had a wonderful day with my mom and dad and enjoyed a great trip to Chicago! I was so happy to see dear friends I used to work with, see family, and see snow! (Great to see when you don't have to live with it!). During this week home I received news that my husband will deploy in September and return around this time next year. Now... September is 6 months away. but Brian will also have to go to training prior to deployment cutting down my time with him to closer to 4 months... so little time... I knew the deployment was coming and actually thinking it would be coming much sooner, but this added time makes the whole thing more stressful.

It is more stressful because I have more time to think about it, more time to prepare, more time... more time is stressful in this situations. This is surprising since usually more time is a great thing, I suppose in the Army it usually isn't a good thing. So, now that I am home we are preparing for battle (as it were...) and trying to fully prep for this upcoming deployment. 

Along with this news another tough blow came on my birthday... when my best friend for nearly 27 years forgot about me. Even after inviting him to my birthday party (which his wife informed me he had to work). I was very sad that he didn't call and didn't even respond to my invitation... It's tough to take, but I guess it was bound to happen that we would grow apart and distance from each other, but this I just didn't expect. Maybe it was simply too much at once. 

I suppose I need to work on not allowing my feelings to get hurt. People are not always going to meet my expectations and are not always going to be as thoughtful or considerate as I expect either. I am not saying all people, but those that have hurt me I should learn to forgive and not let my feelings get hurt in the future. I suppose expecting less or the worse from those people in the future would be the best alternative and that way when they do something positive it is much more of a welcome surprise. (For those of you wondering... I am not only talking about my best friend here, but also one of my brother-in-laws, as well as other friends who I have cast aside when they were hurtful repeatedly to save myself from heartache.) 

Anyways... sorry for this whiney rant.

On a lighter note we are looking at a puppy tomorrow... our family may increase by one! :) 

1 comment:

  1. Tony told me about Brian. We are thinking and praying for you guys! Let us know if there is anything we can do. I can't imagine being a military wife and saying goodbye to my hubby for six months. We love you guys!

    Forgiveness....definitely super hard. -sigh-

    ReplyDelete