Sunday, August 11, 2013

3 months

This past Saturday Brian and I were able to celebrate the three month mark of our sweet little nugget. On Friday we were able to hear the baby's heartbeat. It was in perfect range and a great sound to hear! Last week I also met with infectious disease who informed me that the chances of spreading my TB to my baby are basically non existent. She was concerned however that I am MMR negative, which means that I am not immune to Measles/Mumps/Rubella no matter how many vaccines I have. This is especially dangerous to my baby during the second trimester. If I were to contract MMR from anyone I would get very sick and the baby will die. With this knowledge I will be on high alert by avoiding those who are not fully immune, those who don't immunize, and wearing a mask on my upcoming plane trip. More then 50% of the people affected this year contracted it while in an airport or traveled through an airport while sick. In general being by that many people is dangerous so... a mask I will wear. 

I am hoping to get a letter from my infectious disease doctor tomorrow that informs the security and people who work at the airport that I am NOT contagious and that I am wearing a mask to protect myself and my baby. I just do not want anything to happen that will prevent me from flying to Chicago this week. 

Monday I will also be going in for an ultrasound and blood tests to see if my child will potentially have a genetic disorder. This is a simple measurement via ultrasound and up to two vials of blood from me. I am really looking forward to seeing the baby again, but dreading the blood tests. In general something always goes wrong when having them done and I just don't want too, but alas I must. 

Today also marked the beginning of a MICRO deployment. Brian and I will be away from each other for about 11 days between his training and my visit to Chicago. It is obviously NOTHING compared to our upcoming deployment, but a stepping stone (or pebble). By the time I return from Chicago Brian will be leaving in less then 30 days, ugh! Not something I'm looking forward to, but I am thrilled that it looks like I will be able to have some alone time with Brian before he leaves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment