Monday, August 26, 2013

Back from Chicago

As many of you (or maybe only a few of you...) may know I spent the week in Chicago to be with my dear mom. She had surgery on her neck to remove her thyroid and lymph nodes due to cancer. She went into it and came out like a champ (as if I expected any less). My mom went into surgery the day after I arrived and went back to work the day after I left (I will remind you here that I was only there for 1 week!!) 

When I returned home my husband had also returned and worked 4 over night shifts in a row. Brian had spent the prior week in San Antonio for training for his upcoming deployment (only 25 days from today...) The only sad part of returning home was that Brian became sick the day before I traveled home with a 103.2 temperature! So, the first night back I spent the night in the guest room to let him sweat and get over his sickness. I popped some extra vitamin C and was able to return to our bedroom (after the sheets were washed and everything was wiped down with Lysol wipes). So far... not sick! *KNOCK* *KNOCK* (me knocking on wood). 

Now, we fast forward to this past Saturday. I was able to convince Brian to go with me to a Baby Expo at the hospital. (My previous person who was going with me flaked...). We had a lot of fun, got through it like champs, got a lot of free stuff, and Brian was able to ask some tough questions... which was slightly hilarious! 

Now Brian is finishing up he last of three days in a row. No idea what we will do with his next two and a half days off, but we have A LOT to do! The problem is we just want to relax and hang out together, but then I feel guilty for not getting the mounds of things done. 

25 days is not enough time (although I don't think any amount of days will be enough time). Next doctor appointment is September 3rd for my 16 week/ 4 month appointment! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment