Sunday, September 1, 2013

September...

So, it is September and my heart is so heavy. My husband leaves in 19 short days and I can't believe it is here. We have known about this deployment for 8 months and I struggle to figure out where did the time go? What have we done in those last 8 months? This reminds me so much of moving. We spent 3 years in Washington and in the last two weeks or so we wanted to do a million things that we "didn't have time for" in the 3 years leading up to the move. So, in this 19 days we are trying to plan out our time together to get the most time and love and enjoyment in. The downside... we have a lot to do! With a baby coming while Brian is gone we have things to do that I will not be able to do alone. 

On a positive note it is almost fall, which is (was) one of my favorite seasons. I only say was, because it is NOTHING like fall in GA until maybe December/January. What I love about fall:

- Sweaters (except in GA)
- Pumpkin Spice Lattes (must be in moderation now...)
- Pumpkin EVERYTHING 
- Bugs start to die (except in GA)
- Holidays coming up = seeing family! 
- Leaves changing colors (not in GA either...)
- Scarfs (except in GA, though wearing them in the AC works...)

So, tomorrow I will be partaking in some seasonal fun by shopping at the outlet mall for Labor Day sales. I wish I would know if we were having a boy or a girl so I can shop the sales more, but alas I will have to shop neutral which is fine with me. I hope to find some good things and continue working on my Christmas shopping. (I already have some wrapped)! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment