Friday, September 20, 2013

D Day...

Today was the day... Brian deployed. I am not sure if I am lucky or not, but we are somewhat easing into this deployment. Brian will be in Texas for a week where I can talk to him, then limited contact in his next training, and then full blown deployment in country. 

I had no idea that all of this would be so hard. I thought it would be easy easing into the deployment this way, but I find myself sobbing in tears multiple times a day since last night when he was packing. The emotional roller coaster that is deployment mixed with the hormones of a pregnant woman simply SUCKS! I miss him so very much and I just want him to come home. 

I know that I have a LONG way to go (my vase of pieces of candy reminds me), but I am assuming these first few weeks are really going to be tough. I don't think that at any point during this it will be easy, but I am giving myself a week of trying to deal and then I plan to make a schedule and stick to it. 

I need to remind myself IT DOESN'T LAST FOREVER! 

This is our last picture together before he left... I wanted to take another, but after this I was a hot crying mess...

No comments:

Post a Comment