Friday, April 3, 2015

Post March Check-in

This meeting has certainly been a busy one.  I started physical therapy (PT) this month for my migraines at my Neurologist office and it seems somewhat helpful and is a nice time to destress at least once a week. Jude had his 12 month appointment (though it was closer to 13 months) and that went... well... it was okay...
The doctor and nurse said that Jude dropped on the growth curve again and I was told that if this continued Jude would be fully labeled as "Failure to Thrive" which would require him to be in the hospital. Also in this appointment the doctor said to 1. Start Cows Milk 2. Take Away the Bottle and 3. Take Away the Pacifier. Yeah right doc! You can come to my house and do that if you would like. Anyways, when I went home with the mind set of "Okay to cows milk, bottle be gone by 14 months, and pacifier can stay" I decided to first look at my growth at home and "see the damage". Well, to my surprise Jude had not dropped at all and has maintained his 60th percentile. I returned the following day to the clinic, because there was a 4 day weekend coming up and they would be closed (closed for the holiday of St. Patrick's Day). They re-weighed Jude and he "suddenly" gained weight and went from the 34% to 45% in just 24 hrs. The nurse seemed unwilling to listen to me about having a different growth chart and wouldn't show me theirs thus I left and knew that my son was healthy and would continue to grow. 
The next week, I got to celebrate my birthday with my dear husband. We were able to have our neighbors watch Jude while we went to the Melting Pot. SO YUMMY! It was a wonderful birthday and I felt so very loved. The rest of the month went well and we enjoyed every moment we were able to spend as a family. Jude is walking around like crazy, only has one bottle a day (at night time), is talking more, and loves being active. 

Monthly Check-in:


1. Stop Eating Fast Food - Another month down, but I still crave it. I thought the cravings would stop by now, but man I could go for some Taco Bell or McDonalds! Ugh!


2. Read One Book A Month - I was a little late this month hence why I am not writing this until now. The name of the book was: A Break With Charity. It was pretty good, but not what I expected. 


3. Get Jude More Socialized - We had an older child over for dinner and Jude interacted with her some, ugh! It's just not going how I had hoped... 


4. Quality Time with Brian - We went out for my birthday as our date night. We are still trying to cute technology out of our meal times, but it seems that we are starting to slack on that. We have been spending time doing outings as a family which has been great. 



No comments:

Post a Comment