Monday, February 25, 2013

The past week in review...

This week was fun filled and exciting. My parents came to visit along with their pup Dakota. They arrived Tuesday night and just left yesterday morning (EARLY!). So what did we do in the lovely Savannah area you might ask? Lots!

Tuesday Night-
I cooked Faux Fried Catfish, Mac n' Cheese, & Sauteed Kale and it was an early night since they were driving all day. 

Wednesday-
We enjoyed a nice long walk in Richmond Hill and went to a BBQ place on Whitemarsh Island! Yum! Wiley's CHAMPIONSHIP BBQ! That night we went to Shogun Japanese Restaurant and enjoyed the cooking styles of Hibachi! 

Thursday- 
We went to Jekyll Island and enjoyed the day in the water, eating lunch by the ocean, and at home we enjoyed a Hawaiian Chicken Dinner (thanks to the good ol' Crock Pot). That evening Brian & my Dad watched a movie while my mother and I went to BINGO. (She won, I didn't... sad day...). 




Friday-
Today we ventured over to downtown Savannah. We walked along the river and enjoyed lunch at The Lady & Sons, which as many of you may/may not know is Paula Deen's restaurant! Although Paula must not have received my memo about being there we certainly had a lot of fun! Once we returned home mom & I went shopping at The Pink Closet (a GREAT consignment shop) that was having a 50% off the ENTIRE store sale! That night we made burgers and baked onion rings! YUMMY! 

Saturday-
This was my parents last day here... we decided to take it easy. We hung around the house, we went to PetSmart with the pups and enjoyed dinner during an assumed monsoon at Fish Tales which is located on the Ogeechee River and had pretty good food! 













Sunday-
Mom & Dad got up REALLY early and were on the road by 5AM. Brian and I went back to sleep and were awoken by a call for Brian to come into work ASAP. So we got up and started our day though we both longed to go back to bed. 

So, that was the whirl wind trip of my parents. So now it will only be two short weeks until I am headed to Chicago for my Birthday week! So excited!

Between now & then I am planning on continuing to try new recipes, finishing my brother-in-law Steve's hat he asked for, and maybe starting another craft or two. So much fun! 

P.S. TOTALLY forgot! This week I also made two batches of Meyer Lemon & Blueberry muffins. Both sets were healthy versions and YUMMY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment