Tuesday, October 8, 2013

For a Future Home

I thought it would be about time to write down some things that I have learned after living in two homes with my husband and two states. Some things that I have noticed that I want in my next home or forever home and things that I do NOT want ever again! This is just based on the physical home not so much on the area or anything (maybe that will be a later post). 

I want:
- A large kitchen with space to work and lots of cabinets
- Granit/cement countertops (really anything but Laminate) 
- Linoleum in the bathrooms
- Wood/Laminate in the kitchen/dining room
- A large master bedroom
- At least 2.5 bathrooms with one being downstairs (if in a two story home)
- At least 3 total bedrooms
- An office space
- An attached garage that can be doubled as a workout room/ man cave
- A laundry room with mud sink and room to store cleaning supplies
- Storage area for my tubs for holidays
- A more open floor plan on the first floor area
- Fans in all bedrooms, living room, siting area, etc. 
- Large pantry
- Coat closet somewhat close to the front door
- Entry area where people can take off shoes
- Electric/Gas Fireplace
- Wood shop area in the garage
- A shed as long as it is built correctly & maintained
- A covered porch (heck... a porch in general!)
- A nice cement/stone pad in the back yard
- A fence on ALL sides of the backyard (One my dogs can't jump over!)
- Laundry Upstairs would be AMAZING!

I do NOT want:
- Carpeted floors (they are SOOOO nasty) 
- Carpet on stairs (SOOO hard to clean!)
- White baseboards (they are always dirty & you can ALWAYS see it!)
- Random cabinets in the kitchen that you really can't use (what is the point)
- Kitchen countertops that easily stain (sick of pulling out the AJAX every week)
- Laminate kitchen countertops (they stain & are always dirty)
- One large faux wood blinds on large windows (They are so heavy, they bow, they are not supposed to be on large windows!!)
- POPCORN Ceilings!! NEVER EVER EVER again! (they are ugly & capture dust)
- 10 million doors to go outside (I don't need them & don't like them!)
- French doors going outside that stick or are hard to close (they are a pain in the but!)
- A kitchen pantry in a separate room from the kitchen (I want easy access) 
- Wood burning fireplace (so dirty!)
- Tile floors (They chip, the grout is dirty)
- Formal sitting room (They are just silly!)
- Brick ledge/sitting area around the fireplace (sharp corners, dirty, just no)

I don't really care about:
- Formal dining rooms
- Sitting Areas

So, here is my list thus far. I hope to add and adjust this list as time goes on and homes enter & exit our lives... Any opinions? Anything you would add? 

No comments:

Post a Comment