Thursday, June 12, 2014

Breastfeeding Rant:

Okay, I have been breastfeeding my dear son for nearly four months now and I have to take some time to rant on the subject, so here it goes:

So, this whole concept did not go so easily in the beginning and a lot of that was due to stress imparted by the nurses in the recovery room, it feeling painful, me being stressed, and just in general not going perfectly.

At Jude's two week appointment I went to the lactation consultant desperate for some help with feeding my baby. Since that meeting I have been able to feed our baby with the use of a nipple shield which is not typically used for long periods of time, but it works for us. The whole process really took a turn for the better I was starting to save some milk and freeze it. 

So, here comes my rant: 

It's not easy!! All these women who say it comes naturally, is painless, and is the best thing ever are ALL liars!! 

It was a lot of hard work
It is still painful at times
Also, it is not the best thing in the world...

Given all that I wouldn't give it up for anything! I love taking care of our son, I love feeding him, and honestly I love saving the money! 

So, this is what I wish society would do about this whole breastfeeding thing to make my life just a little easier. I would love to at least be able to start feeding my son without a cover over his head and then I will put my cover on! I get it that people don't want to see my boob (well maybe some people do), but it is just a pain in the but to try to get my son latched on, keep covered, and look through the little top hole of my cover. UGH!!  Plus on top of all of this Jude is heavy to be holding and has taken  to wiggling more and more before being fully eating. 

Sorry, just frustrated with the whole concept of feeding my son while I am out and cannot wait till I can give him some baby food while we are out and about. 


No comments:

Post a Comment