Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A Medical Wife

Let me start with the fact that going to the doctor's office or any medical setting as a doctor's wife is super annoying and at times irritating. At times people are just wrong and others people are just using bully tactics (aka threats) to make people do things their ways. I am also so sick of hearing other health care professionals say to patients, "Oh just go to the ER..." It doesn't matter the reasoning I've heard
- Oh we can't get you an appointment soon enough - Go to the ER
- Oh that cough doesn't sound good - You should go to the ER
- Well, we are not really going to be able to help you with your problem - It's best you go to the ER
- Oh you/your child/your husband has a cough/cold and it's 5 and we close at 5 - Go to the ER

UGH! So annoying! I cannot understand why people do this and why they are so stinkin' lazy! 

So many times I wish I could just step in and say this to people, but that is not my place nor is it "proper." But at times I get SUPER annoyed!

On the happier side of being a Doctor's Wife today is the day I celebrate the day I became a Doctor's Wife! It is Brian and I's 3rd Anniversary. It seems as though the past three years have gone by in a blink of an eye some days and others it seems like we have been married forever (and 100% NOT in a bad way). We are so natural and comfortable with each other and things seem to just click with us a majority of the time. I just love that man so much! 


What a beautiful day our wedding was. Hubby was worried about it raining. I did NOT want to get married in a court house because I said, "That's where people go to jail and get divorced!" So the weather held out. We had my mother and our best friend Dan with us and it was so amazing. Were there things I would change and regret? Yes, but NEVER that I married the man of my dreams. This day and the next were a rarity as hubby was finishing intern year of residency and barely had time to breath let alone a few days off. 

We recently discussed our marriage and talked about how the second month of our marriage was the most difficult time we have ever had individually and as a couple and knowing we made it through that time so well we knew we would overcome the  steepest mountain and deepest river.  We were separated about 20 hours of the day for 6 days a week. I was in a dirty hotel room throwing up constantly as I started treatment for TB and yet we were able to go out and enjoy our time together by getting breakfast together, taking a close day trip, and we even went to the driving range. We are able to really explore a few places 

Awww we were so young! Ha ha ha! Now three years older and wiser we are happily celebrating our third anniversary with two pup dogs and a wonderful evening at Melting Pot! YUM!! Now the big question is... What am I going to wear??




No comments:

Post a Comment