Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Medical Nightmare...

I was about to start this blog off with an apology for not writing in so long, but then came to the quick realization that it has only been one short little week! It seems that so much has happened in the past week, so I guess I should get started. 

Thursday I spent a majority of the day filling out birthday invites for Brian's BIG 30th and Deployment party... searching for addresses and tirelessly writing down details. I just wanted them out in the mail by Thursday night!


Friday was a fun filled day of blood tests ordered by my doctors. These had to be done by fasting, which made this the first thing I did for the day. I only (HA ONLY!) had five vials to fill so I had intended on a longer visit, but had high hopes they would get to my vein on the first shot. 
So... I told you my hopes for this visit, but alas I dreamed WAY WAY too big! Looking at both arms the phlebotomist decided that neither arm gave hopeful candidates and determined that my left hand had some great veins and asked another phlebotomist for help. They put it in that vein and proceeded to dig around for it. I, meanwhile, began to turn white as a ghost, get clammy, and SUPER nauseated. (I know... I'm a baby.)They decided to stop because they were not getting the vein properly. So, I left to throw-up. I returned and the second phlebotomist decided to re-examin my arms and decided my right arm may have a good vein... deep, but good. Again digging and again pasty and clammy. I must have looked real bad this time, because they put me on a gurney where I instantly felt better. So now what? The right hand... UGH! All in all they were able to fill 2.5 of the vials and said come back on Monday. I did get a great souvenir though..
That afternoon it seemed as though they got enough blood to run a few tests and informed me to continue trying to eat well so I can help my high cholesterol as much as possible. The usual... 

To make the day better hubby decided to take me to a movie & it was GREAT! We saw Now You See Me! 

Saturday & Sunday Brian worked and not a lot happened around the house. I played with the pups, cleaned, cooked, and worked-out. Delilah and Bella cuddled


Monday Brian got off work at 0700 and need to be back at work the following day (Tuesday) by 1200 so we just had a lazy day and enjoyed tomato soup and grilled cheese! YUM!

Tuesday Brian and I went to trivia to clinch our team's spot in the finals, though we will not be making it past the first round considering we are about 600 points off 3rd place. (We missed weeks & they didn't). Delilah and Bella snuggled again. I think Bella knew something was coming... 


So, now here we are at Wednesday. Today Brian and I got up early (0730) to take our dear Bella Bee in for surgery. She was spayed and I was able to pick her up around 1630. I could tell how she felt just by looking at her
She is now happily at home. Snuggling, sleeping, ate a little, and went potty in the rain (silly dog!). Delilah is happy she is back and wants her playing partner back soon. She is being so sweet to Bella even during the thunderstorm (Delilah is TERRIFIED of thunder). She had to abandon her spot and move to the other side of me to snuggle up and get comfort. 

So, with all that said I will leave you with one last thing...
PUPPY BUTT!

No comments:

Post a Comment