Sunday, June 30, 2013

Two Part....

Part One... 

Today was Chicago's 44th Annual Pride Parade! From the photos I have seen so far it looks like it was an a amazing event! Today was also Seattle's Pride Fest! Both cities celebrated in grand fashion! 
Chicago's Parade

Equal Marriage in WA

During such a fun and inspiring event I was very saddened by the negativity people would post in response to these pictures and many more via Facebook. Now, I am not going to start preaching my view point, because I think it is clear which side of the fence I am on. I just ask that people try not to be so hateful. We are all human beings no matter how you slice it and no one deserves to be hated, belittled, or put down. Let's just all be positive and if you disagree with a lifestyle then keep it to yourself or if you must share your viewpoint in a calm, nice, and non-combative way. 

Part Two...

I need to say and share that my mother is the most amazing woman I have ever met and probably ever will meet. She is so strong, never lets anything bother her, and is the "teflon" I wish I could be. I asked her for advice today on a situation and she was so helpful and so calm through everything. She can see both sides of every situation and can explain things to me well enough that it gets through my stubborn-ness. I hope to one day be half the person she is and half the mother she is. I love you momma and thank you for always talking some sense into me and making me calm down!! 



1 comment:

  1. Did you go to the parade? I went to the one in Chicago about 10 years ago and I wanted to go yesterday but I have the stomach flu.

    ReplyDelete