Friday, March 7, 2014

And then there were 5!

Sorry I have been MIA for so long, but I was busy having my sweet little baby boy Jude! :D 

On Wednesday, February 19th at 1810 Jude was born! It was a planned c-section that was delayed from 0730 to about 1730. So, it left me with a full day at the hospital just waiting for my baby boy to be born. This made for some stress, because I was trying to keep Brian up to date so that I could talk to him before and after the c-section. The actual procedure went rather well with little complications. Our little boy entered the world with a loud shrieking scream and was measured, weighed, given shots, and cleaned all before I was out of surgery myself. I was finally introduced to Jude and quickly called Brian to share the news and introduce him to our sweet baby! That night I was transferred into the Mother Baby Unit and was up walking around by 0300 that night.

The recovery process in the hospital went well though I wish I wouldn't have relied so much on the hospital bed my last day at the hospital, because when I got home I received a rude awakening when trying to move in & out of my bed. We were released by 1515 on Friday, February 21st and headed home to start our new lives. 

Through the days up until now it has been a great journey and we are doing exceptionally well. I have been extremely thankful to my mom who has been with me and I will be beyond sad to see her go on Sunday. 

Some other milestones we have had include my staple removal a week after being discharged (it really wasn't as bad as I anticipated). The scar looks good according to everyone and now I am just left with some lingering tape residue that is slowly dissipating. Also, yesterday was Jude's 2 week check-up. Everything went well and he grew and gained his weight back from birth. He is a healthy, alert, strong, and wiggly little boy and the doctor couldn't be happier. We will have another appointment in two weeks to check on his continued growing and then not another appointment until 2 months where he will get... GULP... shots! 

More news... as I say good-bye to my mom tomorrow (BOO!) I will begin getting ready for more visitors as Brian's parents are scheduled to visit in about 2 weeks! I am loving the visitors and loving even more that I am able to get ready for them with little to no pain! Now if my demanding little man will just let me do the chores without wanting cuddles! :) 

Oh, I also forgot that the pup-dogs LOVE their baby brother so very much! 


2 comments: