Friday, May 24, 2013

Deployment on the horizon...

The more time that passes the more real it becomes. Hubby will be deploying in September and will be gone for approximately 7.5 months. I know... I know... to some of you that doesn't seem like very long and I shouldn't complain. I mean, he could be gone for 12 months or 18 months like so many other soldiers and I should consider myself lucky. I challenge those of you whose spouses are not in the military... think about your husband being gone that long. Really think about it... could you do it? Isn't so easy now is it?!

Anyways, I have recently found out that the place my husband will be going is considered one of the most dangerous bases in that country (Sorry for the vagueness, but I am trying to be extra OPSEC careful!). Ugh! Just what I wanted to hear!! 

Well, I am going to try to concentrate on the positives I have 3.5 months left with my husband before he leaves. Though some of that time will be used up by the various trainings he must attend, I am grateful to have those months with him. We will be able to celebrate his 30th birthday together and he will have the opportunity to see friends and family before deploying! 

Many have asked, "What on Earth will you do while he's gone?!" Well, I will be looking for a new job, loving our pups, working on crafts and other endeavors, and visiting family as much as possible to help me get through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment