Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Whew! A full nest!

The past few days our home of two had become much larger by more then tripling! We had seven people (including ourselves) plus three dogs in our home for a few days while some of hubby's family was visiting. Before everyone arrived I marveled at the fact that my home was so clean and it had somehow become a youth hostel. Suddenly we had bead and beading everywhere! Soon the beds were all full and I was struggling through cooking for seven people and trying to accommodate everyone and make everyone happy. Though I was told I did not need to make anything special I really felt that it was important to put my best foot forward and try to make as many people happy as possible. 

Though there were a few rough patches and it is always an adjustment having so many people in our house, it was a wonderful visit. I am mixed in my emotions now that it is over. I am sad that they are gone and it seemed so short. I feel as though I missed out on really being able to talk. On the other side I am glad to get my home back, glad to sleep in, and looking forward to our next visit. 

In other news... our puppy is growing like a weed and is now heavier then Delilah. (Though some of that may have to do with her eating every other dog's food...grr....)! She is doing much better on house training and will complete puppy school this Friday and will hopefully do much better then last week. (She acted out and was very vocal...ugh!)

Well, I am back to doing laundry! FUN FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment