Thursday, May 16, 2013

So much to say...

I have been neglecting my writing and I have accumulated so much to say that I think I may have forgotten most of it. 

Last I blogged I discussed our most recent trip to Illinois that was a lot of fun, but somewhat stressful. Since we returned Brian has eye surgery and is now a glasses free man! It was a long week of the initial recovery. He had a lot of pain on and off, couldn't see really well, and needed to be driven around. All in all it was great for him to be home and I loved taking care of him and trying to help him as much as possible. 

The first week back I was able to get back to the dentist and get my occlusal guard and have been using it since. I am hoping that this will help my jaw from popping and hurting so much. I also went to the Neurologist for a follow-up to see how botox was working for me. All in all a pointless trip, but I did get my next appointment set up. Check out my other blog  for more details! 

This past weekend we had the pleasure of celebrating mother's day with my mother-in-law, father-in-law, grandfather-in-law, brother-in-law, and sister-in-law. They are on their vacation and decided to take it in Edisto Beach, SC where we were able to visit for Sunday and Monday. We absolutely loved the beach, the sunshine, and of course the shells!

We loved the sunshine and were happy to take this little break from Georgia, but were happy to get home to our pups!

Since returning home, Brian had a eye appointment to remove the contact bandages, which was some what painful. Following that we were able to do our monthly shopping. Unfortunately we spend more then anticipated, but after analyzing our food (I organized the pantry and freezers this week) we have decided to push it to two months with the exception of farmer's market veggies/fruits, milk, and eggs. I hope we can do it and we both really think we can do it! WOO HOO!!

Yesterday Brian went to work for the first time since surgery and for the most part it went well. The only issues being the general stupidity of some people he works with and interacted with. Ugh... so annoying! I also went into work... for the last time. It was suggested by both parties that the position was not the right place for me. As it turns out I was not doing the job stated in the job description and some things were taking place that made me uncomfortable. All in all I am happy to have gotten my concerns/point across and hope that things will change for the good of this company.

Today has begun the cleaning spree. This is a mixture of spring cleaning and cleaning for the company that is coming on Sunday (Brian's family as stated above). Though cleaning is one of my least favorite things I am happy to get it done and feel inspired while doing it (well... parts of it...). Tomorrow and Saturday I will continue to clean and hopefully even get some crafts done that I've been wanting to do. 

Sunday Brian and I will meet his family in Hilton Head and go zip-lining. I am nervous and hope that I can suck up the courage to do it! Then Brian's family will be here until Wednesday afternoon. The big question being... what to do? I fore see... a trolly trip, swimming pool, Tybee Island, and hopefully relaxing as well. 

I suppose that is all for now... hopefully I will remember more later! Please leave comments! 

2 comments:

  1. Don't get too discouraged if you go over budget one month. It happens. And some months you'll hit the jack pot and go WAY under. We started cash this month for grocery and household. Tony and I have had a lot of debate about it. I'm already seeing the difference in my spending. However, it's sorta scary b/c I planted my garden w/ grocery money and I'm buying the food for our camping trip. I'll cut it close but I think I'll make it. I made up 20 meals out of what we already have in stock (minus rice). And we had just boughten at least six more meals worth of meat. So I think we will do fine. When we first got married our monthly grocery budget was $50 less then it is now.....and I always went over. It takes a lot of learning....but it's so worth it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right and sometimes I wish we would do cash only, but we really benefit from using our credit card (we get airline miles). It does cause us to watch our money more closely though. I have come to accept that I over spent, but of course we do have mom, dad, grandpa, Jess, & Michael coming for three days increasing out feeding number from 2 to 7 for 9 meals. YIKES! Also, we really think we can make it on not shopping for 2 months! Here goes trying! :)

    ReplyDelete