Wednesday, April 3, 2013

New Job

I have nearly completed all of my prerequisites for my new job. I still have about 8 modules to do on-line which I will complete after this blog and then orientation is on Monday! Yesterday was an on boarding session, which to me was a pre orientation/ welcoming and during this I also did my ID picture & finger printing. Today was my health/drug screening. I was really concerned about this part of the hiring process. The reason you may ask? The dreaded... TB screening. Since I was applying for a job at a hospital I anticipated that they would be more understanding, but I was still nervous. Find out more at my other blog: My TB Life. Part of today was also trying on the "space suit" that people wear in quarantine rooms. I think this was to see if I would A. not freak out and B. make sure everything fit properly. I was able to take the mask home and get a picture of me in the lovely TB mask! ;) 

I think it is funny that so many wives who have husbands in the medical field end up there as well. I think it is due to the fact that as our husbands go through this medical journey it becomes all consuming. Part of me wants to embrace it and another part wants to move away and be my own person. I think this new job is the perfect combination. I am working in an ED (Emergency Department), but I still get to help people and work with children (the hospital I am at is the only Children's hospital in Savannah)! 


In other news, my "Life Plan" is going pretty well, I can see areas where I am slacking, but I have big plans to fix that. Our farmer's market opened yesterday and I was thrilled to buy Yams, Green Tomatoes, and Grapefruit! YUM! I am thrilled to have fresh, locally grown, and cheap fruits and veggies again! YAY!

It also continues to be Military Kids month and I saw this on Facebook this morning and wanted to pass it along. Love to all of you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment