Monday, April 8, 2013

Secrets and other silly things

So I have a not so secret secret. I am slightly (maybe not so slight at times) obsessed with Twilight! I don't know what it is, but ever since I finally gave in and read the books I have been in love.Lately my thoughts have been to create a Twilight room... maybe in the future a nursery... I mean truly the colors (red, black, and white) are best for baby development so it makes sense. 

Anyways... that's enough of my obsession. Today was my orientation to Memorial University Medical Center. One part I found very humorous. The patient safety person was talking and she warned the group that there will be a portion that will gross us out so to be prepared. As a wife of an ER doctor there isn't much that will gross me out so I was interested instantly. The part that was supposed to gross us out was this story about a child who had to have their chest cracked and their heart internally massaged. Really? That's the gross part? I think that is really interesting (and maybe sickeningly so... cool!) The girl next to me cringed, the gentleman on my other side had a sour face, and I... listened and waited for something gross to happen. Puss? Guts? The smell of decay? Something... anything... 

Oh well.. what can you do... 

You can't gross me out... 
I'm an Emergency Medicine doctor's wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment